Secure Sharing, Business Content Archiving Goes Social With Digitiliti 3.5
St. Paul, MN – May 24, 2012 For Immediate Release
- Digitiliti DigiLIBE 3.5 is a major update to the cloud content archiving company’s premier business software platform. Working closely with customers and tracking emerging trends, Digitiliti has added a host of sharing, continuity, compliance and social features to DigiLIBE 3.5.
- DigiLIBE 3.5 now includes secure sharing of business documents, active compliance scanning and alerting, rich eDiscovery search and retrieval, instant recovery of business documents and emails and drag-and-drop ease for end users to create collaboration spaces for teams. These features are added to the already existing frictionless client, cache and cloud architecture of Digitiliti.
- Users are able to create secure shared folders and files from inside Windows Explorer to collaborate with colleagues. Using only drag-and-drop, users are empowered to designate files, folders or entire directories as secure shares.
- Digitiliti’s frictionless file and email management requires no involvement from end users. That means no disruption to work activities. Business content is automatically ingested. Metadata and tags are automatically extracted from content as digital DNA and stored alongside the files. The Digitiliti cloud software automatically indexes the content and scans it for compliance and data loss prevention. Any flags raised generate an automatic alert to management for acknowledgement and, if needed, corrective action.
- Files and emails are encrypted at in transit and at rest ensuring protection, confidentiality and fidelity. Digitiliti provides encryption key management assistance but can never access encrypted content.
- Control and security is achieved through fine-grained rights that the share owner sets and manages for each member of an entire collaboration group. Rights to the shared files may be narrowly restricted to read-only, or they may be broad such as read – write – delete, or they may be wide open allowing colleagues to create new shares-within-shares or have administrative rights themselves. All files are scanned for compliance with business rules and governing regulations like PCI, HIPPA and SOX.
- Digitiliti’s secure shares may be made up of few or many people. Users may also choose to securely share content with everyone with access by making the share public.
- Digitiliti’s secure shares ensure business documents are available without exposing companies to additional risk from unintentional information leakage. Digitiliti secure shares do not copy files to many different locations or “synchronize” files between a central hub and unknown “spokes”. Instead, Digitiliti leverages its client, cache and cloud architecture to provide frictionless access to business documents without letting documents out into the wild.
- Business continuity and file and email recovery instant with Digitiliti’s client, cache and cloud architecture. The design keeps useful information active and available even while it is secure and controlled. Policy driven retention ensures that content and ESI (electronically stored information) is correctly and consistently destroyed at the end-of-life phase. Certificates of digital destruction are issued upon request for proof of successful end-of-life disposition.
- “Secure sharing is a vital part of doing business.” said David Macey, CEO of Digitiliti. “Work is increasingly something we do rather than someplace we go. That means that business documents have to be available anywhere we are. While there are many ways to share information, our secure shares in DigiLIBE 3.5 ensure that information is protected while it is available for collaboration.”
- “We started with the two principles of usability for people and protection of the information” Said Rodd Johnson, Chief Technologist of Digitiliti. “Business documents must be protected because they are corporate and competitive assets. But sharing them and collaborating must also be easy for users or they will simply find another way. With our secure sharing in DigiLIBE 3.5 we ensure documents are protected and sharing is frictionless.”
- “The ease and speed of discovery and recovery that Digitiliti makes available to enterprises is amazing.” Said Billy Cripe, VP of Marketing for Digitiliti. “Recovering emails and documents from corporate archives used to be an incredibly time consuming process that could easily take weeks. With Digitiliti discovery is as easy as a web search and recovery is as quick as opening up a file on your local computer. This saves huge amounts of time for IT and eliminates the big costs of paying legal staff to wade through gigabytes of “restored” information like email boxes and file shares.”
- Tweet This: click here to tweet this
Digitiliti has evolved as a company over the past decade offering multiple solutions in the data storage industry. In 2005, Digitiliti offered one of the first online data protection solutions. In 2009 Digitiliti pivoted to focus on unstructured information and business content. Applying the lessons learned from continuous and frictionless cloud data backup and applying it to business content such as emails, documents and corporate IP, Digitiliti created their cloud content management solution, DigiLibe. Today, Digitiliti is protecting business content for hundreds of companies and has over one billion files under management. Our mission is to make information work for business rather than forcing business to work for their information.
For more information please visit us online at Digitiliti.com
Digitiliti, digiLibe and digiBAK are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Digitiliti Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
For more information, press only:
Billy Cripe, VP Marketing
+1 651 925 3200
+1 888 292 3396